Biscuits & Gravy
- Buttermilk flaky biscuits
- Maple sausage
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tbsp of butter
- Salt & pepper
While your biscuits are in the oven, break up the sausage and cook in a saucepan until brown. Place a few slices of butter in the pan. Add two Tbsps. of flour and a cup of milk. Put the pan on low and simmer until the gravy gets thick. Add more flour or more milk to get the desired texture.
Throw it on your biscuits and boom, breakfast is ready!
- Ground Turkey
- 1 small onion
- Jalapeños (use as many as want- I used 4 small ones from my garden!)
- 1/2 cup Shredded Sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Garlic salt
- 1 tbsp Onion powder
- 1 tbsp Trader Joes Mushroom & Company Multipurpose Unami Seasoning
Chop up all your ingredients and place in a mixing bowl with your ground turkey. Toss in your seasonings and mush together! Make them into patties and throw them on the grill until cooked throughly. Top your burger off with any of your favorite toppings: ketchup, mustard, pickles, guacamole, more cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, whatever!
Pesto Turkey with Pasta and Zucchini Skillet
- Ground Turkey
- 1 Onion
- Pesto (I used the Trader Joe’s Vegan Kale, Cashew and Basil pesto)
- 2-3 Zucchini
- Shredded Mozzarella
Begin by boiling your water for your pasta.
Chop up your onion and add to the skillet with the ground turkey and some extra virgin olive oil. Cook until brown. Then add your sliced zucchini and cook until soft.
Move to a large bowl and add your pasta. Stir in the pesto making sure it’s mixed well. Top with mozzarella.
You can add baby tomatoes if you’re into that and extra fresh basil.
Cheesy Shredded Chicken Crockpot Recipe:
- chicken breast
- taco seasoning
- block of cream cheese
- shredded cheese
Place your chicken breast in the bottom of the crockpot. Cut a block of cream cheese into 6 squares and place on chicken. Sprinkle taco seasoning over the chicken. Add shredded cheese. Cook on high for 4 hours. Shred chicken with a fork and knife (should be very tender and pulls apart). Serve on taco shells with your favorite toppings. Probably the easiest recipe EVER.
Ground Turkey and Cheesy Potato Crockpot Recipe:
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 cup of diced onion
- 1 tsp parsley
- 3 cups of shredded sharp cheese
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup of beef broth
- ground beef
- sliced potatoes
Brown your beef. Combine in a bowl your paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parsley. Add a layer of potatoes, sprinkle the onion, add a layer of turkey or beef, add a layer of cheese. Pour the broth evenly over the layer and repeat the steps until all supplies are used.
Cook on high for 4 hours. Make sure you don’t lift the lid up during this time or the potatoes won’t cook right.
Homemade Banana Bread:
Got some bananas that are getting a little brown? Here’s the most delicious banana bread recipe!
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a bread pan with wax paper and spray with nonstick spray.
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 extra large egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 very ready bananas
- 2/3 chopped walnuts (optional)
Mix all your ingredients and bake for 1 hour. Use a toothpick to insert into the middle of the loaf of bread until the toothpick comes out without wet batter. It took me about an hour and 20 minutes. Once cooled off, top with a cream cheese icing and sprinkle more walnuts on top!
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin pan with liners. This recipe makes about 9 muffins.
- 1 cup of flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of yogurt
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of blueberries (but of course, the more the merrier)
Streusel Topping: (Mix ingredients and set off to the side)
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
After mixing all of your ingredients, sprinkle the blueberries in last very gently.
Spoon the batter into the muffin liners about 2/3 of the way. You can add more blueberries at this time. And then add your streusel topping generously (It’s my favorite part)
Place them in the oven and decrease the temp to 375. Bake for about 18-20 minutes but check them with a toothpick until it comes out clean.
Enjoy with coffee and Magnolia Journal 🙂
Keanna’s Homemade Cookies:
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 and 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoons of salt
- 1 cup of chocolate chips (or a fat heaping cup of delicious chocolaty chips!)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix it all up in your kitchen aid or a big bowl and hand mixer!
Spray your cookie sheets
Take a spoon and roll it into a ball (tip: you may need to rub flour on your hands so your cookie dough doesn’t stick to your hands!)
Put them on the cookie sheet and place them in the freezer for 25minutes! (This is what keeps them from flattening out when you place them in the oven!)
Bake them for 8-10 minutes but keep an eye on them because no one likes burnt hard cookies!
Cool and serve with a big ‘ol glass of cold milk!
Leonard’s Delicious Crockpot Turkey Chili:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans low sodium tomato soup or tomato soup with rice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- Salt to taste
Super Easy Directions:
Cook turkey in a skillet with extra virgin oil until brown.
Put all four ingredients into the crockpot.
Put on high for 8 hours or low for 4 hours!
Scoop on top of a bed of rice with sour cream, shredded cheese and avocado!
Chicken fried rice:
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into small cubes
- A bag of frozen peas and diced carrots blend
- 1 onion minced
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, finely minced (or as many as your heart desires)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten (I use like 8…more protein the better!)
- 4 cups cooked rice (I like jasmine)
- soy sauce to taste
Add your oils to a large skillet and cook your chicken all the way through. Drain and set off to the side.
Add your frozen veggies and onion and let cook for about 2 minutes or until they soften up.
Add your garlic
Push mixture aside and fry your eggs
Add your chicken and rice and mix up well!
Add soy sauce to taste!